Bord Iascaigh Mhara – Aquaculture Strategy
Bord Iascaigh Mhara (BIM) engaged us to formulate a national aquaculture strategy to increase the capacity and export competitiveness of the rope mussel sector in Ireland. When developing the strategy, we evaluated the global and local industry and policy contexts; analysed producer, processor, exporter and state priorities; and applied value chain analysis to map actions for increasing value in the sector. The strategy recommends:
- New models for capital investment.
- A fast-track farm licensing system.
- Improved product quality and safety.
- A collaborative strategy and structure.
- A distinctive brand and export marketing strategy.